Spectranet’s Virtual Private Server (VPS) service is designed to be exclusive yet economical, by allowing multiple customers to share the resources, with an extremely high degree of security and insulation. VPS customers have “root” level access and can enjoy most of the benefits of a dedicated / collocated server.
Taking IaaS & SaaS to the next level: Spectranet’s offers highly secure & scalable cloud computing power to your growing business need. True, pay as you use!
Spectranet VPS Features
• Dedicated virtual server ensures complete system isolation
• Choice of OS (Windows Server 2008/2003 & Linux Cent OS/Fedora)
• Full Root/Administrator Access over the entire Operating System
• Advanced Multi-Processor Multi-Core Hardware and High performance SAN
• Protected by Enterprise Firewall/Intrusion Prevention appliances and VLAN
• 99.99% Service Uptime Guarantee
• 24x7x365 Support
• No lock in period
• Public IP Address(s) – Additional IP’s available
• Control panel support for Cpanel, Plesk (Optional)
• On demand memory and space up gradation
• MSSQL 2008 Express/Web/Standard Editions
• VM Backup and restore
Spectranet offers following types of Virtual Private Servers (VPS)
1. Self-Managed VPS
2. Managed VPS
Self-Managed VPS – With Self-managed servers, customers are responsible to manage server operating systems, applications, software, space, logs and backups while Spectranet provides the host server hardware, network & facility.
Self-Managed VPS are best suited for customers who have extensive System Administration expertise to self-maintain and self-manage their server instances. This option provides customers with full administrative/root access to their VPS providing them the freedom to customize configurations and install 3rd party or proprietary application.
Spectranet Deliverables: One Time
• Up-to-date Windows / Linux OS installation
• FTP Service Filezilla for windows and Pure-ftp for Linux.
• One time installation of Additional Services like IIS/ASP.Net/PHP for Windows Apache/PHP/MySQL for Linux.
• Anti-Virus installation, if opted
• Remote root/Administer Access via SSH/Remote Desktop
• Implement IPsec/IP-Tables/Network Policy defined by Customer
• Reboot and reinstall on request
• Monitoring email alerts
• Cpanel/PLESK installation, if opted
• Virtual Machine restoration on request
Managed VPS – Managed VPS is best suited for customers requiring industry standard server administration and management services at economical price.
Our Managed Hosting experts take care of your VPS to ensure your mission-critical services on your virtual servers are running smoothly all of the time. Managed VPS at Spectranet, includes day-to-day system maintenance tasks including system monitoring, patching & upgrades, firewall management, port monitoring, load monitoring, standard automated backups & disaster recovery plan. Root access will be controlled by Spectranet till Server it is under managed services.
1. Installation of patches
2. Complete Server resource management
3. Backup Management
4. Access Control & anti-virus management
5. OS & Server Monitoring & Reporting Services
6. Log checking and reporting
7. Server health monitoring
8. Database Administration
9. Email system Administration
10. L3 level customer support
Pre –Requisites from Client
• Client needs to inform on Windows/Linux OS versions
• Client needs to inform on OS 32bit/64Bit
• Backup schedules definition
• Acceptance of VPS Managed Hosting Terms and Conditions and SLA.
• Authorize Spectranet to remote access to the server and data
September 21, 2011 at 10:06 am Comments (0)